South Florida’s condo market may not be the only real estate sector that’s cooling down.
Bloomberg reports that Miami-Dade County’s hotel market is not as hot as it used to be, either. Too many hotel rooms are pulling down occupancy, nightly room rates and other key market indicators.
A mild winter attracted fewer snowbirds, and instability in Brazil has had an impact on the destination. JLL, once bullish on the area, is “taking a breath.” Marriott said on an earnings call that Miami is among its weakest markets in the U.S.
Sources said the slowdown is just a “blip” and that developers are still hot on the area, while others say the sector is facing readjustment.
Working with Millennials can be a challenge
Subscribe to City Debate news update
- Miami Beach Invites Visitors to Experience the Glitz and Glamour of Art Deco Style
- Nike Miami Beach Opens, Delivering Future of Sport Retail
- Miami Beach Commissioner Joy Malakoff won’t seek reelection in November
- First daughter Sasha Obama has fun in the sun in Miami Beach
- Miami Beach tells restaurant sax player to can it. Owner says: ‘Free speech!’
- Miami Beach Mayor Philip Levine says he’ll make decision about 2018 gov’s race before start of summer
- Elephants on the causeway? How the circus changed through the years
- 5 Things to Know About the Future of Google’s Self-Driving Car
- Italy to seek to track down and deport migrants with no right to stay
- ‘Kids born today will never drive,’ says Robot Valley champion
- 10-year-old girl used as human bomb in Nigeria New Year’s Eve attack
- MIA Ranked Fifth-best Airport In North America By J.D. Power Study
- Uber has been spying on users and lying about
- North Beach Proposed Historic Districts are Under Attack. We need your help!
- Miami Beach Begins Free Trolley Service in Mid-Beach
- Commissioner Joy Malakoff to be Inducted to the Miami Beach Senior High School Hall of Fame
- UM College of Engineering Partners with the City of Miami Beach
- MIA WINS NATIONAL AWARDS FOR MARKETING, COMMUNICATIONS AND CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Miami Beach Fire Prevention Division
- Do Uber Drivers Discriminate?
- Traffic Impact Alert Pine Tree Drive
- Miami Beach Light Rail – “Keep The Link In Bay Link
- Jose Feliciano Honored by Miami Children’s Health Foundation
- Live Music and Burlesque Dinner Show set to open on Lincoln Road
- Michael Gongora Voting Information
- City of Miami Beach Passes Resolution to Oppose Solar Amendment
- Miami Beach Ordinance Take First Step Toward Limiting Surveillance State
- Miami Beach’s First-Ever Dune Management Plan Approved by the State
- Paramount Miami Worldcenter’s Foundation Builds Urban Core & Jobs
- Mayor Levine Gave Out His Twitter Block List in 2015 but Now Refuses to Do So
- Miami Beach to Launch Voluntary Smoke-Free Zone Program
- Miami Beach approves North Beach master plan
- Miami Beach Passes Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Unveiling of New LEED Gold Certified City Facility
- Miami Beach Visitor and Convention Authority named North America’s Leading Tourist Board by the World Travel Awards
- Art Basel Miami Beach Sales Threatened by Zika
- Hillary Clinton’s Big Sugar connections in the Sunshine State
- Half of Americans in face-recognition databases: report
- Commissioner John Aleman One Sick Puppy
- Venetian Causeway’s east drawbridge to close Nov. 14 for repairs
- Prominent Miami real estate attorney Steven Cantor found dead at 66
- Miami Beach Police Department to Provide Increased Transparency
- Miami Beach Ongoing Mosquito Control
- Commissioner Ricky Arriola’s Ten Point Plan For Ocean Drive (Video)
- The Annual King Tides Are Here!