Modern Boutique Hotel
The Miami Beach Design Review Board approved Spider’s 44-room boutique hotel for North Beach at a 22,000-square-foot site at 8011, 8017, 8021 and 8035 Harding Avenue.
Two social areas will include an open lobby “conformed by three multi-functional areas equally suitable for business meetings, or enjoying a leisurely time with friends,” per the release.
There will also be a sun deck on the top floor with a pool.
Construction time is expected to take a year and an Art Deco building from the 1930s located at the site will be incorporated into the design.
One of the parcels that compose the hotel’s site contains a noted 1937 Art Deco building that will be incorporated in the overall design scheme of the project: the Casa D’Or Apartments, built by Architect B. Kingston Hall, which has been long recognized as a North Beach landmark.
Delano South Beach experienced a RevPAR decrease of 12.2% Height restrictions to be lifted in bid to revitalize North Beach Menin Hospitality to manage Mondrian South Beach LT Steak & Seafood Open at The Betsy-South Beach Commissioner Kristen Rosen Gonzalez “No Ocean Terrace Height Increases” Miami Beach approves North Beach master plan Prepare to See Green in the North Beach Neighborhood Miami Beach Files Court Brief Urging Court to Reject Casino at City’s Front Door Atlantic Broadband Invest $6 Million in Miami Beach Mass Transit is Fast-Tracked on Miami Beach JUST SAY NO-To A Drug Detox Facility In Our Neighborhood Every Eighth Home in Miami Beach Will Be Underwater Miami Beach Firestone on Alton Road to become Al’s diner Demand shrinks for Miami-Dade hotels, report says Prominent developer wants Miami Beach transit station at base of residential tower Commissioner Ricky Arriola’s Ten Point Plan For Ocean Drive (Video) Miami Beach Visitor and Convention Authority named North America’s Leading Tourist Board by the World Travel Awards Miami Beach to Launch Voluntary Smoke-Free Zone Program City of Miami Beach Passes Resolution to Oppose Solar Amendment Do Uber Drivers Discriminate? Uber has been spying on users and lying about New parking and towing structure for Miami Beach Short-term rental Miami Beach create in North Beach It’s Official! Construction Begins For 6080 Collins Avenue Beach House NEW YORK BAGEL DELI Shutdown for “Live rodent” Design-build firm M.C. Dean, Inc., has filed law suit against the City of Miami Beach MIAMI BEACH MAYOR LEVINE’S REDUNDANT SEWER Uber Model Screws Drivers and Passengers Unanimous Approval for Mayor Levine’s Minimum Living Wage Ordinance Becasted Launches Platform How Talent Industry Work Parklets Coming to Washington Avenue Soon Miami Herald Puts King Philip in His Place on Bay Pollution Miami Beach Officials Can’t Deny Science Commissioner Michael Grieco What’s Been Happening Miami Beach, Biggest “Loser” in Luxury -13.7% Forget South Beach, Miami’s coolest ‘hood Miami Beach Today Announces Successful Go-Live with Tyler Tech Plastic-bag tax? NY lawmakers push back JW Marriott to manage South Beach Hotel Miami Beach tells restaurant sax player to can it. Owner says: ‘Free speech!’
Working with Millennials can be a challenge
Subscribe to City Debate news update
- First daughter Sasha Obama has fun in the sun in Miami Beach
- Miami Beach tells restaurant sax player to can it. Owner says: ‘Free speech!’
- Miami Beach Mayor Philip Levine says he’ll make decision about 2018 gov’s race before start of summer
- Elephants on the causeway? How the circus changed through the years
- 5 Things to Know About the Future of Google’s Self-Driving Car
- Italy to seek to track down and deport migrants with no right to stay
- ‘Kids born today will never drive,’ says Robot Valley champion
- 10-year-old girl used as human bomb in Nigeria New Year’s Eve attack
- MIA Ranked Fifth-best Airport In North America By J.D. Power Study
- Uber has been spying on users and lying about
- North Beach Proposed Historic Districts are Under Attack. We need your help!
- Miami Beach Begins Free Trolley Service in Mid-Beach
- Commissioner Joy Malakoff to be Inducted to the Miami Beach Senior High School Hall of Fame
- UM College of Engineering Partners with the City of Miami Beach
- MIA WINS NATIONAL AWARDS FOR MARKETING, COMMUNICATIONS AND CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Miami Beach Fire Prevention Division
- Do Uber Drivers Discriminate?
- Traffic Impact Alert Pine Tree Drive
- Miami Beach Light Rail – “Keep The Link In Bay Link
- Jose Feliciano Honored by Miami Children’s Health Foundation
- Live Music and Burlesque Dinner Show set to open on Lincoln Road
- Michael Gongora Voting Information
- City of Miami Beach Passes Resolution to Oppose Solar Amendment
- Miami Beach Ordinance Take First Step Toward Limiting Surveillance State
- Miami Beach’s First-Ever Dune Management Plan Approved by the State
- Paramount Miami Worldcenter’s Foundation Builds Urban Core & Jobs
- Mayor Levine Gave Out His Twitter Block List in 2015 but Now Refuses to Do So
- Miami Beach to Launch Voluntary Smoke-Free Zone Program
- Miami Beach approves North Beach master plan
- Miami Beach Passes Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Unveiling of New LEED Gold Certified City Facility
- Miami Beach Visitor and Convention Authority named North America’s Leading Tourist Board by the World Travel Awards
- Art Basel Miami Beach Sales Threatened by Zika
- Hillary Clinton’s Big Sugar connections in the Sunshine State
- Half of Americans in face-recognition databases: report
- Commissioner John Aleman One Sick Puppy
- Venetian Causeway’s east drawbridge to close Nov. 14 for repairs
- Prominent Miami real estate attorney Steven Cantor found dead at 66
- Miami Beach Police Department to Provide Increased Transparency
- Miami Beach Ongoing Mosquito Control
- Commissioner Ricky Arriola’s Ten Point Plan For Ocean Drive (Video)
- The Annual King Tides Are Here!
- Tuesday Morning Breakfast Club Commissioner Kristen Rosen Gonzalez
- Mitchell Kaplan Receives 2016 ArtesMiami Lydia Cabrera Award
- Marijuana Users Have Lower Body Mass Index than Non-Users Says University of Miami Study