JUST SAY NO-To A Drug Detox Facility In Our Neighborhood
There is a proposal on the table to build a 56-BED DRUG DETOX CENTER on Normandy Dr. and Rue Granville. Don’t kid yourself; this is BIG BUSINESS and if it starts… expect expansion and more facilities throughout Miami Beach.
Drug Detox Facilities are needed in our society, but they are NOT needed in a residential neighborhood that is undergoing revitalization. Here are some more reasons:
• Negative Impact to Property Values*
• Zero compatibility with single family homes and “New Master Plan” for North Beach
• Adjacent to Normandy Pool
• Just blocks away from several Day Care Centers and Schools
• Potential for increase in criminal activity around the center
• Emergency Medical Facility operating 24/7
• Miami Beach City Code states: total number of adult congregate living facility beds in the city of shall not exceed 2,000 per 100,000 permanent residents or fraction thereof. This will remove beds for Seniors.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
Email and call The Mayor and Commission, The Planning Board members that you don’t want this facility in your neighborhood:
NORMANDY SHORES GOLF CLUB: July 19th at 7:00 pm And MIAMI BEACH CITY HALL – PLANNING MEETING: July 26th at 4:00 pm
*From Not in my Backyard: Research found that a homes located within one-eighth of a mile of a residential treatment center had an 8% reduction in value measured against comparable homes farther away. The discount can even be higher if a treatment center focuses specifically on opiate addiction, which includes heroin or morphine. In those cases, nearby home values are reduced up to 17%.