The MBVCA was chosen by over 600,000 industry voters
The Miami Beach Visitor and Convention Authority (MBVCA) has been named North America’s Leading Tourist Board in the 2016 edition of the prestigious World Travel Awards. Competing against other top destinations including Arizona Office of Tourism, Destination DC, Hawaii Tourism Authority, Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority, Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board, New Orleans Tourism Marketing Corporation, NYC & Company, Visit California, Visit Orlando and VisitFlorida. Miami Beach was chosen by over 600,000 industry voters.
Accepting the award on behalf of the MBVCA at the World Travel Awards Caribbean & North America Gala Ceremony, Peggy Benua, Chair of the MBVCA, says, “The board has worked really hard to leverage Miami Beach’s beauty and unique offerings. The Board developed a compelling strategic gameplan to inspire the world to experience Miami Beach’s 7 miles of exquisite beaches, luxury hotels, five star restaurants, cultural institutions and entertaining events. Our messaging certainly has resonated globally.”
The MBVCA will now be competing against other global winners including the Auckland Tourism, Cancun Convention & Visitors Bureau, Cape Town Tourism, Rio Convention & Visitors Bureau, Shanghai Municipal Tourism Administrative Commission, and Visit London, for the title of World’s Leading Tourist Board. The world winners will be announced at the Grand Final Gala Ceremony onDecember 2, 2016 in the Maldives.
“Over and over again Miami Beach has been recognized by the travel community and our peers for this amazing destination,” notes Grisette Roque, Executive Director, MBVCA. “This award is the culmination of a stellar few years of honors and accolades including first place in the 2016 edition of the Travvy Awards, in the category of “Best Wedding Destination, U.S. & Canada“ and a winner in the 2014 and 2015 Magellan Awards by Travel Weekly in the categories of “Destinations | Mobile App” and “Overall Spa Destinations| U.S andCanada. The MBVCA Board has successfully positioned Miami Beach as a top-tier, luxurious, sophisticated and cosmopolitan travel destination.”
The MBVCA Board continues to grow the Miami Beach brand and position the city as a pioneer in the travel industry with several initiatives in the works including launching the Miami Beach API and app. The Board is also dedicated to continuing to work with its partners to successfully market the destination as “Like No Other Place in the World.”
About Miami Beach
Recently named 2016 North America’s Leading Tourist Board by the World Travel Awards and first place in the 2016 edition of the Travvy Awards, presented by travAlliancemedia in the category of “Best Wedding Destination, U.S. & Canada“ and a winner in the 2014 and 2015 Magellan Awards by Travel Weekly in the categories of “Destinations | Mobile App” and “Overall Spa Destinations| U.S andCanada” respectively, Miami Beach is a favorite destination among travelers worldwide. Renowned for its unparalleled culinary offerings, extravagant nightlife, rich culture, luxe shopping and plush hotels, Miami Beach is home to unique museums, the New World Symphony, Miami City Ballet, Miami Beach Convention Center, international festivals and art exhibitions, boat and auto shows, over 187 boutique and resort hotels and 12 public parks; it is no wonder the beautifully diverse city is one of the world’s most popular vacation destinations. Boasting seven miles of breathtaking beaches, Miami Beach is easily accessible from the Port of Miami and MiamiInternational Airport. The City of Miami Beach has been named one of the top cities worldwide for ‘walkability’ and is equally easy to navigate by bike or boat. Known for its year-round sunny skies, the vibrant destination not only produces its own branded sun care line, MB Miami Beach Suncare, but has been ranked by TripAdvisor as number one in 2011’s Top Winter Sun Vacation Rental Getaway Destinations and was also part of Top 25 Beaches in the World and Top 25 Destinations in the U.S. Miami Beach is like no other place in the world!
- Michael Gongora: I’m running for Miami Beach Commissioner…join me on March 29th
- City Debate’s NEWS OF THE DAY March 8, 2017
- City Debate’s NEWS OF THE DAY March 7, 2017
- New Crispy Chicken Sandwich Made with Seasoned 100% White Meat
- City Debate NEWS OF THE DAY March 6, 2017
- City Debate NEWS OF THE DAY March 5, 2017
- The Question for Parents: Uber or a Car for Teens
- Ex-Guantanamo Detainee Jamal Al-Harith Became Suicide Bomber: Reports
- Sold: Calvin Klein’s Miami Beach Home
- Pelosi caught on hot mic telling fellow Rep: ‘Tell them you’re a Muslim’
- Miami Beach Invites Visitors to Experience the Glitz and Glamour of Art Deco Style
- Nike Miami Beach Opens, Delivering Future of Sport Retail
- Miami Beach Commissioner Joy Malakoff won’t seek reelection in November
- First daughter Sasha Obama has fun in the sun in Miami Beach
- Miami Beach tells restaurant sax player to can it. Owner says: ‘Free speech!’
- Miami Beach Mayor Philip Levine says he’ll make decision about 2018 gov’s race before start of summer
- Elephants on the causeway? How the circus changed through the years
- 5 Things to Know About the Future of Google’s Self-Driving Car
- Italy to seek to track down and deport migrants with no right to stay
- ‘Kids born today will never drive,’ says Robot Valley champion
- 10-year-old girl used as human bomb in Nigeria New Year’s Eve attack
- MIA Ranked Fifth-best Airport In North America By J.D. Power Study
- Uber has been spying on users and lying about
- North Beach Proposed Historic Districts are Under Attack. We need your help!
- Miami Beach Begins Free Trolley Service in Mid-Beach